Monday, June 2, 2008

Give Me Summer All Year Long















This is at Lake Mead with my Andersen cousins, they always show us a good time in Vegas. Sometimes I never want to leave.... look at that water!

Bowling with a dive at Fat Cats... I was trying to show the track and field recruits just how fun BYU can be.


I just got a new long board to add to my summer fun. My friend Jessica Kruger gets me excited to do different things, she also helps me shop around for the best deals, something I hate doing!



So, I borrowed a bike from my friend Pat for a Duathlon race that Jessica and I had signed up for in May. I completed the race in first place for the women which was awesome, but the next day I decided to take the bike out one more time before returning it. And I ended up over correcting and going off the bike trail when I was coming down Provo Canyon. Luckly the bike was easy to fix up, and I was also luck to be wearing pants or this cut would have been a lot worse!





Rock Climbing out doors rather than indoors, is actually very different. I like being out doors personally yet it can be harder and a little more risky. I'm lucky enough to have cool friends that do cool things, have all the right gear, and like to invite me along since they know I'll try just about anything.





This is 5 Days after getting hit in the head with a Wakeboard last summer. It was a simple fall, but I was wearing a board that was perhaps too big, and the boat may have been going a little too fast for wakeboarding.
It left me with two black eyes, a swollen nose bridge, and a funky scar between the eyes. But does that stop me? No no, now I'm just more careful about who I let drive the boat, and when I fall I find my self putting my hands up to guard my face.



I try hard to jump the wake, but mostly I get scared to really catch serious air... I'll keep working on that.


Summers are the best! And I would feel confident in saying that Utah summers are exceptionally AWESOME with the lakes, mountains, rivers, hot sun shine, and fun people. Only thing lacking is the beach! Let’s just imagine Utah Lake was the Ocean! WOW, Perfection! Utah would be the #1 place to live. Of course it wouldn’t be the same but still nice to think about.

1 comment:

Kaerlig said...

Hey Jules. I just noticed you have a blog and now I have to start at the beginning and check it all out. Love all your battle wounds.