Thursday, January 8, 2009

Change in the Stars

Well, I pulled an all-nighter Christmas Eve, finished John's blanket, and flew to Cali for a Christmas morning surprise! Since my family celebrated Christmas on Christmas Eve, I decided to plan a surprise trip to see John on Christmas day. His brother in-law, Micah, picked me up from the airport at 8 am. They hid me in the trunk so that John could find me on a scavenger hunt It was a fun day, and John couldn't believe I came on Christmas day. He thought I was coming a couple days later. ( I'll have to upload the video I have on my hiding in the trunk later)


Sally (John's mother), Holtsman (John's nephew) and John
John and his brother Stevie


The best part about Christmas in Cali is that one day we were playing in the mountains in the snow about an hour away from John's house, and the next day we were playing in our swim suits at the beach about 20 minutes from John's house!
Lauren (John's sister) and Hannah (Niece)

He can be quite romantic!

And after a great time in Mission Viejo, we drove to San Francisco to visit my family (Hartman and Chelsea and the rest of the gang) as well as John's best friend Corb. John and I spent New Years Eve with Jacob and Katie. We ate dinner at Pizza Organzmica....which was self explanitory(he he), and then we partied all night Salsa Dancing at Cafe Cocamo!

We sat in a really cool launge area with lots of funky pillows and a low table where you sit indian style at with your shoes off! It definitley set the mood
So we all thought it was funny and played into it a bit just for laughs. Jacob decided to order and Odulle to go along with his Pizza, the waitress didn't even know what it was he was ordering? She said that no one had ever ordered a non alcoholic beverage like that before. ha ha!

Jacob and Katie were the Sassy Salsa Masters at the club that night. They owned that dance floor, while John and I were just learning, but still having fun making up some of our own moves.


What a fun night! The next day we all went to the city for a little site seeing.... Golden Gate Bridge, China Town, and all the good stuff.





To finish off the trip, we tried to leave early in the morning to drive back home so that we might miss the snow storm that was coming through the mountains. But we hit it, and ended up driving 30-40 miles an hour most of the way and we had to put chains on the car, not just once, but twice, after they fell off (John hiked about 2 miles in the snow serching for them, poor guy) what a stud he is!
All in all it was a fabulous and exciting Christmas break!

3 comments:

Katie said...

That was such a FUN trip. I'm SO glad we got to hang out on New Year's Eve. That was the best. God bless the salsa.

Kaerlig said...

I wish I could have gone. You want to go snowshoeing this week? Like Friday?

Perry Family said...

What a FAB trip that was!! I totally thought he'd a popped the question by now!! Camille is just about engaged...sometime this week I think...cross your fingers! You and John are great together!